Thursday, April 8, 2004

The Salad Bar.

Guess what? I'm not writing about cars! Tee hee...

Anyway... I just wanted to let all of you know that I really like salad bars. And whenever I go, I always get the same salad: lettuce, diced ham, bacon, cucumbers, diced tomatoes, green peppers and cheese... no dressing. This is VERY tasty.

Marie Callender's (a restaurant here on the west-coast) has the best salad bar. When I worked there for a year, I ate lots of salads, and they were super tasty! :)

They even had nachos on their salad bar! Well... okay, not *actually* nachos. But they had the best chips (they make themselves), and then they have grated cheese. So... I get a plate and put chips, cheese, chips, cheese, chips, cheese... then I ask the server if he/she could kindly nuke it for me. Oh, so tasty! I've only seen these chips on ONE salad bar. ONE! And that one is in Buena Park, CA... currently seven hours from me. *sigh* Oh well.

So... whenever someone wants to go out to lunch with me, I want to go to Marie Callender's so I can get that yummy salad with a side of fries. (They also have very tasty fries!) So anyway... this one time I went, and when I went to put the diced ham on, it looked kinda funny. So... I decided to taste it.

Well, it was *not* ham. Know what it was? BOLOGNA! Yeah... as in Oscar Mayer! Now... please... WHO... on.God's.Green.Earth. would put BOLOGNA on a salad?! Yuck! Yuck! Yuck!

I just figured they ran out of ham. But bologna? Ohmylordalmighty! Sheesh! What about turkey or chicken? Aren't those suitable alternatives? Oh! I guess it could have been Spam?! Wait a second. What the heck am I thinking? Spam is even more inconceivable then bologna! Okay... I guess it probably was not Spam. But bologna? Oh, no... just... ewww... no. So yeah... I just left that off my salad.

*sigh* It didn't taste the same. Oh well. Maybe next time...

*emmett* ~ who now hasn't been to Marie Callender's in a VERY long time. Oh wait... I just went a few weeks ago. But I didn't have the salad bar...

No comments: