Friday, September 10, 2010

Organizing and Editing (and okay, Decorating too).

Well, today I was in the mood to play in PhotoShop, which is a rarity. LOL. I edit all my photos in iPhoto these days, and by "edit," I mean quickly crop and lighten up... takes me a grand total of 15 seconds.

So I took some more photos of my scrap room and then played with my PW Actions. (Okay, I was inspired by Jennifer Johner. Who the heck is *not* inspired by that woman? She's so talented... it sickens me. In a good way. :-)

So still a few sneak peeks because I'm not completely done yet. And I've been a scrapping fool the past couple days, so my table isn't as clean as I'd like for photos. ;-)

My border punches, stapler and paint brushes are stored here in this vintage Squirt container:


On the top shelf, along one wall, I have just odds and ends. Favorites of mine that inspire me... things I've been collecting for years and years. Most of the things on this shelf do *not* have any storage/organizational purpose. However, this cute little blue train case (which is open because I used my snowflake punches out of there... tee hee) holds all my Christmas embellishments. :-)

I just adore vintage books. And photos of Shirley Temple. ;-) This one came from a magazine, I think...


Ahhhhh.... one of my favorite things is next. Found this chair at the Goodwill for like $2. I gave it a paint touch-up and then added some October Afternoon paper on the seat. The bird was a gift from a friend. It's sitting on the bottom shelf of a cabinet that I *completely* made over.

I keep staples, paper clips, mini punches, and cat's eye inks in these blue boxes. And as for the baker's twine... I started out with 2 or 3, and they looked so cute displayed on a shelf. Then I got more and more and I set them all out, so I could decide *where* I wanted them and in what container I'd *place* them. But then I fell in love with having them displayed all the time... and very convenient to just grab. Hee hee... so I left them, and this is their home now. :-)

Looked through, literally, hundreds of wine holders before I found the perfect one for my pens. I spray painted it to match my room. The little boxes are from IKEA (which were a STEAL for the set)!

And that's it for now. Hopefully, I'll get it all cleaned up and photographed this weekend! :-)

Oh! And here's a layout I did last night. My bestie, Camille, left me an awesome comment on my FB the other day, and it totally inspired this layout. Thank you, Camille! You're the bestest, and I miss you something fierce! ;-)

(Cardstock: Bazzill Basics, Patterned Papers: SEI, Alphas: Sassafras,

Punches: EK Success, Creative Memories, Pearls: Basic Grey, Pen: American Crafts)


Thanks for stopping by today!

8 comments:

Christa said...

Absolutely love your decor Reyanna!

Megan said...

Everything is so SO happy. I love it. The char is my favorite, too. I've been looking at bitty chairs to incorporate into my home decor, but I never thought of covering the seats with patterned paper. Thanks for the awesome idea!

XO

Valerie said...

Love your decor Reyanna :) Especially how you used the Squirt bottle holder. So cute!!
Did you decoupage that paper onto the chair? Brilliant!

Marit said...

I LOVED looking at the pictures from your stash... it's so inspirational to look at other's things. Great photos! The layout is cute... love your grins!

Jamie Lane Designs said...

Your layout is adorable...and I LOVE your photo with your baker's twine, YUMMY!

Paige Taylor Evans said...

Stop teasing us already and show us your entire room! And then come decorate my nursery cuz you've got a great eye for decor!

The Sonboul's said...

fun photos.
I totally need to do this,because my scrapspace it out of controll. I've really been to busy to get to it and it makes me sad. Maybe after my Scrapfest trip?! ;)

Bashful said...

Okay, you've so inspired me! Oh gosh, I have to find some really old books to display in my scrap room now. :-)

In fact, I was so inspired that I actually went and cleared off a shelf and displayed some old photos even before I made this comment. I just saw your pix and had to *do* something. Thanks!