Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Sharing (part 1).

Instead of my regularly scheduled post, I'm posting photos of my new scrap space. YAY! Can I officially call it a "Studio" now?!

I took over our dining room, and we moved the kitchen table to the living room (about four feet in front of my scrap area. :-)

The shelves and work-tables are elfa shelving from The Container Store, which are totally awesome. And I get a 50% discount, so that rocks even more! :-D

Here is the main wall. My workspace is about 39" high because I'm a standing scrapper. My two cabinets fit *perfectly* underneath, and I was SO excited about that (plus, a little room on top to "hide" things)!
(The cabinet on the left is an old twin bedframe that my sister and dad converted into a storage system. The cabinet on the right is from Oak Express.)

Then you move to the left... (you can see my adhesives in a sterling silver tray on the corner there), my embellishment drawers up on the shelf, and a totally awesome blue vase I got at an antique store here in Austin. :-)

This wall is my computer wall (plenty of room to add more shelves if need be...). The altered photo-collage cupboard door *should* be hanging above my printer, but I've been procrastinating putting the hanging hardware on. I need to get on that!

And then there's my trimming/cutting/stamping station. The table is from IKEA (*before* I worked for The Container Store...):

There are like 40 photos total, but I won't post them all here... at once. HA! I would if I had Typepad! Man! Some day... tee hee. I'll post them here in spurts... with commentary. ;-)

13 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that table!!! and I was wondering if you are visually impaired....because that computer is HUGE!!!!! love it!!
and yes, you qualify as a studio. It looks so great!!! have you scrapped in it yet???!!

Anonymous said...

OMG you space looks amazing! Yes you can call it a studio! Awesome. Thanks for sharing!

Laura Fiore said...

I'd definitely call it a Studio...it's beautiful!!!

Blogger and I aren't getting along very well either!

*Paula* said...

Woah! THat looks awesome! Congrats!!

Emily Pitts said...

you can't call it a studio until it's messy :) hey! i have that same computer. love it.

ValAnn said...

I love love love it, so clean and white. I love the white, but I'm feeling a little green with jealousy!

Karen said...

looks great....enjoy creating there! checking in from SC...

Heather said...

oh wow...it is lovely -all bright and clean!! have fun!

Unknown said...

Nice! Oooh I am jealous! I would love that space! Well done! Fun to see that someone else likes to rock climb and scrap (funny combo, I know -DH and I met climbing!) Have a good one! -Sarah

Lauren said...

Toss some blue paint on the walls and I will be happy to take the room off your hands! ;) Great job!

vtpuggirl said...

That desk is fab!!! I love the beautiful white everything. I'd be intimidated in a space like that, so beautiful.

april said...

wow, your "studio" is awesome!!! so bright and clean. I hope you plan to mess it up :)
If you want to move photos in blogger, the easiest way for me is to switch from the "compose" tab to the "edit html" tab. The photos are then listed as html code and you can copy and paste them wherever you want.

Anonymous said...

that is just so gorgeous!!