Sunday, July 18, 2010

Creating with Studio Calico Ad Cards.

So... since I started subbing to Studio Calico (almost two years ago), I have been collecting their cards, ads and stickers that come in each box. (Stickers hold each brown paper back shut, and I tear each and every one off the bag and keep them in a file folder. LOL.)

At the beginning of this year, I started KitPooling with a friend, so now they go to her house. This means I get far less SC ephemera, but I figured my stash had grown large enough to FINALLY tackle this altering project I've been wanting to do. YAY!

Here is what the container looked like before. So, now, here is the container that holds my kits (you can click on all photos to make them larger)...



And I decorated each side with the stickers:


I used a sponge brush to add white paint to all the edges. (I can't do any project without *something* white, I'm afraid. ;-) ).

And so now, while I'm sitting at my computer, I get to look over and see this:

I'm stoked with how it turned out. I've seen people use these cards/ads on layouts, and I think that's really cool too! I still have a *few* left over, but I think I'll be using those for more altering projects (my SC kit photo binder)! :-D

So if you sub to SC, have you kept any cards/ads/stickers?! What do you plan to do with them?

22 comments:

Colleen said...

OMG! So cute. I never thought to keep my stickers. I just might have to start. :)

Dori Patrick said...

So cute!!! And I'm also digging the little frame around your lightswitch!

Anonymous said...

This really rocks!

Allison Waken said...

That is such a great idea. It's beautiful!

krista said...

OH MY GOSH! That is fantastic!!!!

Christa said...

It's perfect!! I love it!

Erin M said...

This is fab Reyanna!
I keep all my cards too--a few I've included on layouts or used in mini albums. I had been keeping a bunch of the stickers too--but just recently toosed them... now I wish I hadn't!

Debbie said...

wow. very cool =)

Anonymous said...

this is completely amazing!!

Gracie said...

Fabulous Reyanna!!!
You creative little chick you!!!!

kathleen said...

so super smart, you are : )
looks fantastic!

Rowie said...

i LOVE this ;0) you cleve girl you!! i have never kept the stickers, but have a heap of the cards!! very inspiring ;0)

Aud R. said...

This is really cool!! Love it to pieces! I have used some of these cards on layouts and minialbums :)

Ally said...

Looks like way too much fun! So glad you saved all that stuff for a good reason!

j.leija said...

oh man, this is awesome!! makes me want to subscribe to SC!

j.leija said...

also, where do you get those awesome zipper bags?

Kelly said...

Totally fabulous Reyanna!!
I have saved some of mine - but haven't used them yet. Thanks for the inspiration!

lisa truesdell said...

this so rocks!!

Paige Taylor Evans said...

Seriously this is awesome. Wanna give it to me? :)

And is that FRIENDS frame I see around the lightswitch!?! I'm madly jealous!

Marit said...

This is absolutely amazing! Gorgeous!!! Beautiful!!!!

g said...

I can't get over how creative you are!!! I love all the SC tidbits that come in the monthly boxes, but I never in a million years would have thought to do this. Genius. :)
Do you remember where you got the container, Reyanna? It's the perfect size! I'd love to pick something up like that...

g

g said...

I can't get over how creative you are!!! I love all the SC tidbits that come in the monthly boxes, but I never in a million years would have thought to do this. Genius. :)
Do you remember where you got the container, Reyanna? It's the perfect size! I'd love to pick something up like that...

g