Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Sharing my new closet!

So... the rest of my closet... as promised.

When we moved in, it had these HORRIBLE built-in shelves. There was a TEENY nail like... every 1/2" or something ridiculous. We tore those out...

... and I spackled (I did! Me! By myself!), primed and painted (Benjamin Moore Grey Wisp), and then put up some elfa shelving from The Container Store. :-D The top right of the closet houses grey bags, which hold old gymnastics shirts (LOTS of them!); old sweatshirts (which I hope to make a quilt out of some day...); a white box, which holds gymnastics leotards, shorts, and gear (I still have some that fit... *sigh*); and my dress shoes and sandals (in the plastic shoe boxes).

When you first walk in, this is to the right (my side of the closet). My bags hang from hooks. And above, there are my hats and gloves in canvas bins:

Then below, are my belts and flip flops. Flip-flop holder and belt holder are also from The Container Store (just warning you... you *may* see a trend here... LOL). And to the left of that are three more canvas bins (I LOVE these!!), that hold scarves, slippers and slipper socks. :-)

And then my line of shoes. I was SO surprised by the little amount of shoes I own (my dress shoes are in plastic shoe boxes at the top of the closet)... compared to the average woman - who has FORTY pairs of shoes. LOL. You can also see my dress pants and my boots peeking out from under them...

Then hubby's side of the closet... his is MUCH higher than mine (he's 6' 3"). I almost have to stand on my tip toes to reach his closet rod to put his clothes away! LOL.

these are his shoes and things...

And our travel bags. Hubby travels A LOT for work, and sometimes I go with him. And then I travel to California, Colorado and Idaho too, so I need a few travel bags. ;-) Mine are from Vera Bradley, and I LOVE them. :-D

And that's it! Hope you enjoyed the tour. :-)

Oh! And if you'd like to vote for me... for Most Organized Employee, you can! Go to The Container Store's Facebook page (you have to be a fan to vote). Then go to "Photos." Then go to "Employee Contest Day #1." And I'm #20. :-)

4 comments:

milkcan said...

Dream closet! And I LOVE the container store. We have elfa-d our apartment. I'm off to vote for you!

milkcan said...

Oh, nevermind. I can't vote. I don't have a facebook account. Ah well.

Ally said...

holy cow, you ARE the most organized ANYone! LOL

Anonymous said...

I inclination not concur on it. I regard as polite post. Specially the title-deed attracted me to review the unscathed story.