Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Unpacking... slowly but surely.

Well, it's... coming along. LOL.

We didn't take any time off work to move. So we've been working, moving, unpacking and sleeping. That's all we have time for... tee hee. We do what we can.

Here's what it looks like so far...

This is right by the front door. We still need to hang up photos. Our wedding photo (with the photo mat that everyone signed as a guestbook) will hang right above this secretary desk. Wet/muddy shoes go in the container underneath. All other shoes are taken to the bedroom closet. :-)

Walk to the dining room, and you see some shelves we hung up. Right now they have watermelon knick-knacks and just some of my cookbooks (I have yet to unpack the others). Then you can see the table... that looks SO small in this room. LOL. I need to hang stuff on the walls! It looks so empty! I have a whole pile of stuff that needs to be hung up.

The kitchen looks pretty nice and lived in. I'd love to paint the walls a creamy yellow (Benjamin Moore Popcorn Kernel), but maybe after unpacking is done. :-)

You can see the tree peeking through! LOL. Hubby set that up with lights. I still need to hang the ornaments. And I have some potholders hanging on the wall with a cute little watermelon. :-)

Our pantry. Mmmm... organized. I need to label the baskets, but it's pretty easy to tell what's in them for now. I love the dairy crate at the top and folding crate at the bottom. They're such nice and cheap catch-alls! (Ooh, I need to buy paper towels! Only one roll left!)

The Christmas tree has ONE ornament on it right now. LOL. The blue box of ornaments is on the floor to the left (the suitcases are just for decoration). I love that we have this cute shelf on which to hang our stockings! Since Jesse (Jeremy's brother) is with us this year for the holidays, we thought we'd do a mish-mash of stockings from past years.

I'd like to *make* stockings this year. We'll see how that goes. LOL. And see my Mickey and Minnie? My VERY favorite Christmas decorations. I'm still trying to talk Jeremy into the Mickey wreath...

And see how there's just a chair and a table? Yeah, we need furniture. We barely own any! And that chair is going to live somewhere else (office or guest room). We *do* have a loveseat, but we moved it to the scrap room (its permanent home), so we could watch movies on my computer. :-D (Wow, I didn't even notice that Ruby had stepped into the photo!)

On the other side of the living room, we have our bookshelves from Ikea. Umm... this looks VERY messy right now, and is not done. We need to move all the books in here. We will be doing that soon. Perhaps today...
(And I do NOT like the speakers there, but hubby does. It may look better if we had a TV, but right now, it just looks silly to me! What do you think?)

Next is my scrap room... in progress. Okay, okay, I know... my scrap room is *rarely* messy. Okay, it's never messy... unless I'm in the *middle* of creating something, but right now... it's just CRAZY! 75% of my scrap stuff is still at the apartment. I NEED to get that moved over. I'm going through withdrawals! LOL.


And this cute little nook (photo below) in the scrap room is one of my FAVORITE things in the whole house. How cute is this?! And how perfect is it that that loveseat fits PERFECTLY in that little spot? My December Daily (also in progress) is on the floor. LOL. I finished up to page 6 last night! WOOHOO!

Wrapped gifts (in beautiful wrapping paper), scrapbooking projects, Thickers, Container Store bags. Yes, Reyanna lives here. :-)

You may notice that my scrap room has been painted white. Flat/Matte Ultra Bright White. Yes, the guy at Home Depot asked me fifty *million* times (not exaggerating) if I was SURE that I wanted this whole room white. And I know, it sounds crazy to lots of people that I didn't choose *color*, but honestly... if you know me (and saw my scrapbook gallery), you understand. White inspires me. Blank canvases make me feel creative. And that's what this space is about... inspiration, creativity, and fun. White walls with lots of bright colors, fun designs and vintage finds. Can't WAIT for it to be done!

Well, that's it for now! I'll post my closet next. It's yummy. :-)

9 comments:

joanne (spagirl) said...

ooh, am i the first?! your new home is just beautiful!! so happy for you! your entryway and that desk is gorgeous!

Kelly Noel said...

it looks like you're getting settled in nicely...everything looks great! congrats on the new place :)

milkcan said...

Congrats on the new home! Hope you have many happy memories in it!

Unknown said...

Wow, you guys have done so much! Your house is fabulous.

Jaime Lynne said...

Thanks for the update and photos. Those wood floors are gorgeous. I hope you are completely settled in by Christmas.

Dalon said...

love your new place!!! especially the IKEA furniture AND your scrap space! can't wait to see when that's all put together - but you have your tree up already - fantastic!! you've made great progress with the closet too ;-)

caroline said...

oooh, lookin' good! looks like you're getting settled in nicely :)

Ally said...

Had to come check it out - looks like you are settling in well! So happy for you!

Bashful said...

Reyanna, your new home is beautiful! I can't wait to see your scrap room when it's all done. (And I think white is perfect for a scrap room - let your art be the color!)