Thursday, April 22, 2004

Californians and Their Cars... Again.

So the other day I was walking out of the grocery store and a Toyota Matrix was driving my way. Since I have a Toyota myself (not a Matrix, mind you), I notice them fairly well. So I'm like, "Hey, a Matrix! Cool!"

Then it gets closer... and you know where the Toyota decal is on the front?... well, it was missing. And in its place was the BMW decal! Yeah... as in, that blue and white checked beemer emblem! And on the back of the car? The beemer emblem... again! And they took off the decal that says "Matrix."

I was stunned. I just stood there in the middle of the parking lot... stunned. Then this dude walks past me and sees the car... he looks stunned as well. And he says, "*That's* a beemer?!" We both start laughing. I look back at the car. "It's a Matrix!" I said to him. "A Toyota Matrix! They cheated!!!" We both started laughing again.

Yes, Californians will do *anything* to drive a BMW... even if that means buying a $15,000 Toyota and slapping a BMW decal on there. Pfff... Californians will never cease to amaze me. Never. Ever.

*emmett* ~ who is just fine and dandy with her Toyota with its Toyota decal thankyouverymuch!

No comments: