Monday, April 26, 2004

Don't Make That Face!

You know that old wives' tale (or that phrase parents say to us to freak us out?!): "Don't make that face, or it will stay that way!"

Well, boy do I have news for you! I kid you not... it's the truth! Actual. Truth. I'm not trying to be funny here, People! The other day, something made me go "EEK!" (a foot flying at your face makes you go "EEK" too, right?!). So I made the "EEK!-face." You know... when you flatten your bottom lip so you look like a chimpanzee? And your neck muscles get all tight, and your veins look like they're popping out?! (Tee hee.)

Anywho... yeah, when I made that face, all the muscles in my face, throat and neck... they froze! I mean, they were so tight that if there had been a lump of coal in my throat (I'm not exactly sure *why* there would have been a lump of coal in my throat, but you know... *if*...), I would have a pretty fancy diamond right about now.

Thank God I was able to get my lips back to normal. But my muscles? Uh-uh... they weren't budging. It was the strangest feeling EVER! I had *never* felt anything like *that* in my life! It was hard to swallow, and I couldn't talk at all, which for me is a travesty in itself. :-P

So yeah, I laid down for a while until my muscles relaxed. It took a few hours, but they finally went back to normal. Sheesh! Who'da thunk that what they've been telling us for years and years is actually *true*!

I still can't believe it, and I'm sure many people will never believe me as long as I tell this story. But *I* know it's true, and now I can really tell my kids, "Don't make that face or it will stay that way!... I know! It happened to me!"

*emmett* ~ who will NEVER make the "EEK!-face" again as long as she lives... or at least not a hardcore "EEK!-face". :)

No comments: