Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Cropping.

(Back: Aimee, Stephanie, Jacquie. Front: Liz, Kelly, Reyanna, Diane)

This photo makes me happy. :)

Kelly Goree flew to Texas to crop and teach some classes, and a few of us Studio Calico Gals were very excited to visit at Crop, Paper, Scissors in Waco. I had to work, so I wasn't able to go to the classes, but I was very fortunate to find someone to cover my shift, so I could crop! Got home at 2am, but at least I got to go! HA!

Very few of us actually got something accomplished. But we laughed... a lot. We had such a blast, and I can't wait to visit that scrap store again! The owner, Emmalie (and her mom too), was so sweet and wonderful, and the whole store is just beautiful! Seriously... the most beautiful scrap store I've ever seen. I just walked around and smiled. *sigh* Lovely.

I did happen to pick up a few things. A *bunch* of Jenni Bowlin embellishments. I'm altering a tray to hang on the wall, so I got those things for that little project. Can't wait to start on it!

So worked on my scrap space A BUNCH yesterday and today. It's not *completey* done, but it's getting there. And at least it's clean and dusted and organized. :-) I still need to label a bunch of stuff. Ugh. That's my least favorite part. LOL. Ah well.

My very favorite part was altering a bunch of stuff. My favorite thing I altered was a little doll chair I picked up at Goodwill for just a few dollars. I touched up the white paint and added some October Afternoon for the seat. The cute little bird was a Christmas gift from my best friend, Amy. Seriously, how cute is that?!

I'll post more pics of my projects soon!

4 comments:

Vanessa said...

what a great picture!

avidreader said...

That chair turned out really cute!

Erin M said...

Looks like you had a bunch of fun at the crop!

Jacquie said...

I love what you did to that chair, and can't wait to see all your other lovely creations!