Tuesday, March 16, 2004

A Weird Morning.

It's only 9:55 a.m. and already today is weird!

First off, we were woken up by the fire alarm at 5:30 this morning. We bolted out of bed, grabbed the puppies and rushed outside. We were the only people out there. Weird! I mean... there was also no fire... but still... if there *was* a fire, those people would be burnt to a crisp. Don't they have fire alarms in Mexico? Oh! Maybe the fire alarm was in English, and that's why they didn't understand it. What do fire alarms sound like in Spanish? Hmmm...

Anyway, we called the fire department, and they came over to tell us that the alarm probably went off due to a water surge... whatever that means. So the alarm was turned off, and I was happy.

When we went back inside, I took my husband's temperature because he came home last night with a 104 degree fever. This morning it was 97.9 degrees. Weird...

To make things stranger for this morning, I go to the living room; and I see small, shiny things on the carpet. I get down on my hands and knees and find small circular ones and long thin ones. I'm sitting there with them in my hand thinking, "What the heck is this that the puppies have been chewing on?!" Then... I realize. They ate my wedding tiara. Yep... that's right, my tiara. They must have gotten very rambunctious after we went to sleep, ran into the tall shelf, knocked over the picture frame (which knocked off my small tiara) and chewed it to bits... swallowing most of it. I *did* find two large pieces of it so at least they didn't eat the *whole* thing. That would have been crazy.

Anyway, the tiara was only $2.00 so I'm glad I didn't spend $50.00 on one that my friend wanted me to get. And since it *is* a Disney Princess Dress-up tiara, I'll just get one next time I go to Disneyland (April 1st or 2nd... yay!). :)

See? A strange morning!

*emmett* ~ who is now off to get blood taken... whoopee! Pfff...

No comments: