Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Gasping.

So, just like every Monday, I woke up yesterday morning and called my dad. My mom and dad have Mondays off, so it's great that I get to have a conversation with them for longer than 15 minutes. :) Mom was already gone doing errands, but Dad and I got to chat for a while.

And then...

... a knock on the door...

Me: "Dad! I have to go!! The man in the brown shorts JUST dropped off my kit! It's now sitting at my front door. EEEEEEEE!"

Dad: "What? What do you mean?"

Me: "Studio Calico, Dad! It's my favorite day of the month. My kit has been delivered!"

Dad: "Oh, right. Studio Calico. It's like a club or something."

Me: "Yup! A kit club! And this month, I got the main kit AND two add-ons... as a birthday gift to myself. And if you stay on the phone with me, you will probably be ignored while I look through it." *insert crazy-big gasp here*

Dad: "What?! What's wrong?! Did they forget something?!"

Me: "No, I just didn't expect my Melissa Frances stuff and Bingo album to be sitting on top, and they're SO awesome! I have to go!!"

Dad: "Oh, okay. Have fun!"

Me: "Oh, I will! Believe me... I WILL!"

And I was right. :D I scrapped the day away...

This is the first layout I did. My niece, Mairen Elizabeth. I gave her the nickname, Mary Beth, and my sister HATES it. Of course, that just makes me use it more. LOL. My sister took this photo of her daughter though. How cute is she?! GAH! She's adorable. :D

(patterned papers, rub-ons: Basic Grey; alphas: Sassafras)

Then I decided to get all crazy with the Sassy papers. Don't you *have* to get all crazy with Sassy papers?! It's like... a law. I should challenge myself to do a SUPER clean and simple layout with Sass... just to see if I could do it. Anyway, this one was fun. I used a Maya Road circle as my template...

(patterned papers: Sassafras, Basic Grey [just the punched flower];
chip flower: Maya Road; brad: American Crafts; alphas and brackets: Sassafras;
mini alphas/center die-cut circle: Making Memories)

Had to do one more layout for the day. Decided to do a clean and simple one. I really had fun with this one... probably because it took about 15-20 minutes. LOL.

(patterned papers/journaling card: Studio Calico; chip shape and brad: Maya Road; rub-on: Lily Bee)

This photo of Jeremy and me with our friend Laura and our RI landlords... so fun! They are CRAZY! See, look at their eyes! ;-) They are so much fun and so silly. I miss them SO much. I had lots to say about them. I love journaling. :D

I'm sure I'll do more layouts of them because they were really our honorary parents while we lived in RI. They took such great care of us. They made me GF food ALL the time. Cakes, pies, cookies, cakes, more cakes... :D Mmm... I miss them even more now. LOL.

Well, those are my layouts for yesterday. Hopefully, I'll get to scrap some more after work today...

*gasp*

I love scrapbooking. So much.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

OK, your LO's just rock!!! I love each of them, but the balloon one is my fave.

Zorina said...

OMG so cute.. all those LOs. You're the bomb!! I hope to be receiving my SC package today.

Erika said...

cute conversation with your Dad! Sounds like he totally gets you! My dad may have called 911! Glad you are digging right in!

Bashful said...

Oh gosh, you *have* been busy! Love all the new layouts! And I so understand the excitement of the "box". I miss belonging to a kit club - will totally have to sign up for one again someday.