Thursday, June 30, 2005

Anthropology is so fun!

I can't write much today as I have an appointment with a woman in the anthropology department at school. Yes, I think I've decided to double major. I just love anthro too much to *not* get a degree in it. It's been a passion since I was a child, and I can't let the opportunity pass by. It may take me an extra semester, but who cares?! LOL.

I went to the doctor yesterday for this strange pain in my back, between my shoulder blades. The doctor said it could either be a compression fracture (I hope not!), a pinched nerve, or a herniated disc.. I think it's the latter. I hope it is anyway. That's the easiest thing to cure. :)

She said I can't do any gymnastics or lifting, spotting or anything with my hands/arms until next week when I find out. That's kind of a pain. Last night I went to gym, and the only thing I could do was splits. Not that it's a bad thing... I need to work on my over-splits anyway. At least I'll get good and flexible this week. :D

Another thing... Jeremy's leaving again. I'm going to miss him SO much. At least it's only two weeks without him this time. AND I get to join him the last week. Woohoo! We get to visit his parents, which is pretty cool.

OH! And, AND, AND... I might get to go to the Fort Worth Zoo! It's like five hours away from his parents' house so we'd have to spend the night. Jeremy said if that's the case, then we're not going. HUMPH! No! How often do you get a chance to see bonobos (my favorite animal)! There are only about eight or so zoos in the world that have bonobos, and Fort Worth is one of them! I NEED to see them. It's not just "want" now, it's a NEED! It's for... research! Yeah, that's it! I'm an anthro major... I NEED to witness their behavior! ;) Hopefully, I'll be able to convince him...

So... it's almost eleven now. I probably should get in the shower and start getting ready. I'm very excited. :) (Not about my shower, but about my appointment... ) AND I get ice cream today! I hope Baskin Robbins because I haven't had that in a long time. If not Baskin Robbins, then I'll get this super-tasty, soft-serve stuff. We'll see how it goes.

Okay, oh! I wanted to say one more thing. I really would like to be a better wife. I'm not sure how exactly because Jeremy said I can't be better (how sweet!), but I really do feel like I can better myself in many ways. I'm going to think about it a whole lot and track it all in here. :)

No comments: