Monday, May 24, 2004

The Forgetful Husband.

I've had bronchitis for a week now. Not fun. I told Jeremy he needed to take care of me, so when he got home on Thursday night, it went like this.

Hubby: Hi Honey! How are you feeling?

Me: Still sick.

Hubby: Awww... poor thing. *hug* Can I get you anything?

Me: That would be great! I would love some burritos.

Hubby: Burritos! Yum! I'll be back.

... goes down to kitchen, and I hear some cooking going on...

Five minutes later...

He's back upstairs holding a cheese omelet in his hands.

Me: Is that for you?

Hubby: Yeah! It's a cheese, turkey and tomato omelet! Doesn't it look tasty?

Me: Ummm... yeah, it does. But... ummm... where are my burritos?

Hubby: Burritos? What burritos?

Me: My burritos. Remember? You went downstairs to make them.

Hubby: Oh... you said you'd really love some, but I didn't think you actually wanted some. Or maybe I did. Sorry... I forget. Uhh... do you still want burritos?

Me: Ummm... yeah. I do. Please could you make me some?

Hubby: Well, I don't know how.

Me: Honey, you worked at *Taco Bell* for a year in high school... I think you can manage.

Hubby: Okay! I'll be right back! Love you! (jumps, skips and does a little dance while going downstairs)

Me: Thank you! I love you too! (I shout down the stairs)

... he goes down to the kitchen, and I hear some cooking going on...

Two minutes later...

He's back upstairs holding a plate with two burritos in his hands.

Me: Oh, Honey! Thank you! You're the best!

Hubby: Oh, you're welcome! I LOVE YOU! *kiss*

Yeah, sure my hubby is forgetful... but he still is cute and wonderful. :)

*emmett* ~ who thinks this is a very funny story :)

No comments: