Friday, March 8, 2002

To Laugh or Not to Laugh... that is the question.

You know what the funniest thing on earth is? Watching someone slip and fall on their butt! Or even their face! Now that's funny too! This may sound mean, but it's really not. It really is the funniest thing ever!

Okay so the other day, I was sitting in the cafeteria eating my dinner, and this baseball dude is walking from the condiments table over to the cereal table, and he slipped (on God only knows what), and he fell smack-dab on his face! I'm dead serious! This dude went flying and did a belly flop on the cafeteria tile! Poor guy though. The whole cafeteria was rolling! I'm laughing so hard right now I can hardly contain myself. *Note: No baseball players were harmed in the process.*

I talked to my mom the other day, and she said that she slipped on the ice outside our house and fell flat on her butt. She was telling me this over the phone, and I laughed hysterically! She said, "Stop laughing! Stop laughing! It's not funny!" And my reply was, "Yes it is!" And I just kept laughing. She said, "That's just what your dad did! He laughed at me! And it wasn't funny!" I felt kind of bad, but I started her laughing too. It's funny to fall on your butt.

And not only do I laugh at... er... I mean WITH other people when they slip and fall on their butts, but I laugh at myself too! I went hiking a few weeks ago, and I slipped on the ice like 10 times throughout my hike. *Note to self... don't go hiking in a cross country skiing course that is paved with ice and snow* But anyway... I was laughing hysterically! Not only is it funny, but it's fun! I LOVE falling on my ass! I never laugh so hard! I mean, it hurts like hell, and I ended up spraining my wrist because I fell so much, and I had to wear a wrist brace, which actually ended up helping me out in bowling because I got a turkey on the 10th frame for the first time in my life, and I thought that was really cool... so... what was I talking about? Oh yeah! Falling on your butt! ... But yeah, it's just so fun! Like my mini-skydive or something... only much safer... well, sort of... and I don't have to wear a parachute or a helmet. Well, I thought I'd just share what I think is the funniest thing on earth.

*emmett* ~ who is very strange because she actually LIKES slipping and falling on her butt. It's just so funny!

No comments: