Sunday, June 13, 2010

Confessing Reality.

A while ago, Kelly and Steph both did posts about their "real" lives. Oh, it felt SO good to read these! I feel like this too... I really hope my life never looks perfect... because it SO is not. LOL. And it's funny we do read the scrappy lives of one another, thinking that may be perfect when so many of these people's lives are, in fact, *not* so glamorous.

Steph encouraged everyone to do a list of their own. *sigh* Here's mine...

1. On a lot of days that I don't do errands, I stay in my PJs all day... no makeup, wearing my glasses, a few naps, and IMing with Caroline from the time we wake up, till the time we go to sleep. LOL. (Though I should say, that we do *try* to be productive while chatting... ie scrapping, putting a load of laundry in, making food, possibly washing some dishes, and walking the dogs.)

2. My scrap table/workspace is almost always clean. The floor, however, is not...

3. Sometimes Jeremy has to spend the night in Waco, for work. I usually stay up till 2am, sometimes 4am, not being able to sleep and worrying about his safety. Neither of us sleep well and barely get more than four hours of sleep. I know that military wives endure WAY more than this, and I'm so blessed to have Jeremy home most nights, but we still hate these long nights.

4. When my dog, Ruby, gets scared (thunder, lightning, quarry blasts, rain, blender, etc)... it literally scares the pee and poop right out of her. I have had to clean up *a lot* of pee stains. LOL. We own quite a few doggy diapers.

5. I'm sick and weak almost every, single day. I have to sleep... a lot. After working out, doing errands, or hanging with friends, I need a day or two to rest. I hate that I'm unable to work or go to school. Confession: I've been like this pretty much my whole life.

6. We have a lot of credit card debt now. And now that I'm not working, I'm trying to spend as little money as possible, so that we can pay as much as we can toward the debt. It's hard for both of us.

7. I'm not *always* positive and optimistic. I worry. I get anxious. I get scared. I get lonely. I cry.

8. Jeremy works 50-80 hours a week, and I feel bad for him.

I hope that didn't sound like a bunch of complaining. LOL. But it's real. And that's the point, I guess. To be real. :-)

Thanks for reading my real-ness. :-)

No comments: