Tuesday, May 22, 2007

CKC Summary







So... I had a FABULOUS time at CKC. I feel terrible that Kristin didn't enjoy herself, and I feel partly responsible. Shaina and I planned to get there around 8:30, but I only got four hours of sleep so it was SO hard to get out of there on time. (I wanted to sleep as long as possible because I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep again until after midnight [I was right]).

So I'm so bummed that we didn't get to spend more time with her. Not to mention, I was SO not feeling well: tired, moody, hips hurting (even with my cane)... so poor Kristin! I feel bad for her that she had to be with "Not-So-Fun Reyanna." :D My spirits were much higher the next day once I got some sleep!

Shaina and I took three classes the 1st day and four the 2nd day. They were great classes. They did go SUPER fast, but I didn't mind all that much. After the first class, I totally expected it so I tried to read ahead to at least see what the heck we would be doing. LOL.

I pretty much liked everything we did in the classes. The last class I had, the teacher was not what I expected (she just handed our kits to us and said, "Let me know if you have any questions"). It was strange! No new techniques or new info/pointers... nothing! Weird. Kit was cute though. It had a lot of room to be creative and not follow the instructions... I liked that! There was one other class... I didn't like the the technique or LOs, but I really liked the papers so I was happy. :D

All the classes, I really wanted to do my "own thing" in regards to the project. Some left little room to be creative, but I found it challenging (in a good way!) to do something different from the rest of the group. I didn't want to have the same project as 50 other women, you know?! So... once I *finish* all my projects... LOL... I'll take pics and let you all see.

The Vendor Faire was AWESOME! Yes, VERY overwhelming as Kristin said, but we got used to it by the 2nd day. (And I was able to go back and get Kristin the things she wanted, thank goodness.) I took pics of everything I bought! (Love the cute AMM bag!)

The group crops were awesome! I had heard people asking, "is it worth the price?" OH YES!! You get TONS of stuff (the pic without the bag) as you walk in the door, PLUS they have giveaways each night. I won a Card Creations idea book the 2nd night. Shaina won two class giveaways... the lucky duck! And it was so fun to be in the room with about 200 other women... all scrapping away. We met these awesome ladies (one was in her fifties, the other in her early forties) on the first night. They were so fun!

I plan to do LOs of the trip, and it will be VERY detailed so that I don't forget ANYTHING! LOL. I want to remember what I did and didn't like so I can plan better for next year. But it was awesome, and being with Shaina the whole time just made it all the more special. We also got to hang out in the hot tub, which was heavenly. We hope to stay all three nights next year. :D

1 comment:

Fuzzy White Dogs said...

That sounds like SO much FUN!! Hope you'll post the layouts when you get them done.

Thanks for the comment on the fur boos! :-)