Thursday, May 12, 2005

Puppy Accident.

I'm the most terrible mother! Okay, I'm not that bad and really, I shouldn't bee *too* hard on myself. It was an accident...

Today when I was trimming Ruby (I groom our dogs myself), she got her tongue in the way! Yes, it's true. The scissors cut her tongue. I felt SO bad... I started crying. Poor little thing. She's such a small little doggie. It's a very small cut.

She didn't cry or anything, but she bled a lot, and I felt awful! The doctor said I need to watch her for twelve hours so I didn't go to work tonight. I wanted to give her my full attention. I can't let her eat, drink or lick anybody. LOL. Easy for the doctor to say... he hasn't met my dogs! They're lickers!

Anyway, the bleeding has stopped, and she seems to be doing much better. I'm glad I could stay home with her. I tried to get the pet sitter, but she was already busy. :-( And I did let her drink *a little* water. I'm sure she just wanted that taste of blood out of her mouth. She's been sleeping a lot, and I've been letting her bask in the sun with Amber (her sister).

Oh, and today is their birthday! Yay! My babies are two-years-old today. I can't believe it. :)

Jeremy comes home day after tomorrow. Finally! It feels like it's been a long time, but it's only been three weeks. I really shouldn't complain. At least it's not two years like *some* military wives have to endure. He's leaving again in July for the whole month. :( I think I will have company though. Hanna may come and visit. Brittany might come too (not at the same time). And Britt is bringing her new boyfriend. That should be fun.

Okay, well, I have TONS to do with cleaning and getting ready for Jeremy, so I better go. AND I have to check on Ruby again. :)

No comments: