Wednesday, June 23, 2004

I Don't Think There is Such Thing as an "Easy Job."

Okay, so a few weeks ago, I got a job. I babysit a puppy (Shiba-Inu). I know what you're all saying, "Awww, how cute!" "Wow, what a sweet job!" "Girl, you've got it easy!" Well, I'm just here to tell you... YOU'RE ALL WRONG. LOL. I mean... just think about it. If it was so easy, he wouldn't need to be puppy-sat in the first place.

Okay, this dog is like SUPER hyper. I know all puppies are hyper at first, but this puppy is like Tazmanian-Devil-on-speed hyper! I really can't handle that.

He picks on little Ruby too, which makes me very sad. I'm constantly saying, "Fox! No!" "Fox! Don't do that!" "Fox! Stop!" Maybe he'd act like a good puppy if I used his real name. Yes? Tee hee... okay, his name is Rocky, but I like the name Fox. :) I do call him Rocky though. I just would *like* to call him Fox. ;-)

But... when you're a pet sitter, you don't get to just go around changing the pets' names because you don't like the name that the owner gave. What's that about? I mean... *I'm* the one watching him twelve hours a day, shouldn't I get to call him what I'd like? NOOOOO! Oh well. Rocky's fine... I suppose... ;-)

So yeah, it's not easy, and don't even think I'm being a wimp. I'm not. :)

I suppose the job would be a *bit* easier if I didn't have Ruby and Amber here. He likes to pick on them. But they are my *babies*!! Actually, Amber and Rocky have been playing lately. That's cool. She opens a can of puppy-whoop-ass if he gets too postal on her... especially if he picks on little Ruby... Amber really wails on him then. That's pretty sweet. My puppies are awesome.

So yeah... next time you think that having three puppies in your house (one in constant need of Ritalin) is "so fun": think again. That's all, little monkeys. :)

*emmett* ~ who really does enjoy her job... and gets paid pretty well too...

No comments: