Friday, July 1, 2011

Creating a Fast Dessert.


If you're thinking this looks delicious, you would be correct. ;-) I really wanted dessert tonight, but I didn't want anything *too* sweet or sugary. My poor, pregnant body can't handle dairy anymore, so I'm afraid my ice cream binges will have to be put on hold. *sigh* A sad day, indeed. ;-)

So... anyway, this was SUPER fast and easy. We air-pop our popcorn, and I try to always have a bin (this hexagonal container) filled with it, so we can have a quick, healthy snack. So I broke that out, and here's what I did:
  1. Pour popcorn on top of waxed-paper-covered plate.
  2. Put half of a handful (1/3 cup maybe? it doesn't matter...) of chocolate chips in Pyrex measuring cup.
  3. Put 1 tablespoon butter in with the chocolate.
  4. Microwave butter/chocolate in 20-second increments, stirring in between.
  5. When melted, drizzle chocolate on popcorn. (read: dip knife in chocolate and then "whip it" at the popcorn. LOL.)
  6. Put plate in fridge till chocolate hardens.
  7. Enjoy. :-)
Quick. Easy. Cheap. Delicious. :-D

What's a quick and easy dessert you've come up with?

2 comments:

Michele H. said...

that looks delish reyanna! my hubby loves his popcorn with some sort of sweetness. this is perfect for him:)

happy weekend to you!

Sasha Farina said...

i need to try making this!