Thursday, February 19, 2004

100 Things

1. My husband and I were born on the exact same day: July 30, 1981. He is older by 9.5 hours.

2. I have Celiac Disease.

3. Because of my disease, I can’t eat wheat. This means no bread, pasta, cookies, cereal, salad dressings, crackers, etc… and I’m sane.

4. I used to go to the movies once a week. Now I'd rather wait til they come to DVD.

5. I rent 3-6 movies a week.

6. I don’t like condiments.

7. My favorite thing to hear my mom say: “I’m proud of you!”

8. My favorite thing to hear my dad say: “I love you!”

9. My sister has twin girls (Alaura and Brenna). They were the eighth set born into our family.

10. I have one older brother, Dack, and one younger sister, Shaina.

11. For the first fifteen years of my life, I never once slept with a stuffed animal.

12. Since my fifteenth birthday (my aunt died), I have slept with a bear every single night.

13. My teddy bear is a 25” fluffy polar bear named Isabelle.

14. I love to clean and organize.

15. I’m a good bowler.

16. I sleep on a Tempur-Pedic pillow, and I love it.

17. I can’t sleep unless all sides of my sheets are tucked in.

18. I hate sleeping naked… so I don’t.

19. Victoria’s Secret is my only splurge.

20. I’m addicted to vanilla chapstick. Particularly, Vanilla Chap-et.

21. Two of my nieces are named after me. (Reysa and Brenna Rey)

22. When I was younger, my dad drowned one of my hamsters… on purpose.

23. I was attacked by a dog, leaving me with only small scars on both shoulders.

24. I broke both of my legs… at the same time.

25. Bad spelling and bad grammar are my two biggest pet peeves.

26. On January 27, 1995, I cried so hard that I threw up my hot chocolate. I can’t even smell it without feeling queasy.

27. Every year since 1995, at least one friend or family member of mine has died.

28. 28 is my favorite number.

29. I was the captain of my high school gymnastics team.

30. I’m a perfectionist… obsessively.

31. I have asthma.

32. I can trace my family back twelve generations, and I’m still searching for more.

33. I was my husband’s first kiss.

34. We were married on Christmas Day.

35. We were both virgins when we got married.

36. I didn’t have a wedding ring for the first seven months we were married.

37. I had my teacher, Mrs. Carol Hilton, for both 2nd grade and 6th grade.

38. I love to read.

39. I love math.

40. I know the US states and capitals in alphabetical order.

41. I know all the countries of the world, by continent.

42. I love to memorize.

43. My favorite author is Robert Munsch. He writes children’s books.

44. I bought my first car (with my own money) at age 18, and I paid it in full.

45. My most prized possession is a gold and jade ring from Korea. My grandpa brought it back for my aunt when she was 10, and she gave it to me the week before she died. I only take my jade ring off to take a shower.

46. My husband took my last name.

47. “The Ring” was the scariest movie I’ve ever seen.

48. I’m paranoid.

49. I’ve kept a journal since I was seven-years-old.

50. My favorite thing to do is stand on my hands.

51. I can hold a handstand for several minutes.

52. I have a baby name fetish.

53. My favorite name of all time (for a boy) is Giovanni, but I have a German last name so it would sound silly.

54. I can type 75 words per minute.

55. Between kindergarten and college, I got perfect attendance only one year: my senior year of high school.

56. I was Student Body Secretary during my senior year of high school.

57. Coaching gymnastics was my best job ever.

58. My favorite colors are yellow, green and gray.

59. I only wear one brand of shoes: Merrell. And they’re heavenly.

60. My favorite animal is a bonobo (aka pygmy chimpanzee).

61. At the zoo, I love the reptile house… and the primates, of course.

62. I have never had a male-celebrity’s picture hanging on my wall. (no females either)

63. I only drink orange juice, hot tea and water. Everything else is yucky.

64. I have over 70 pairs of underwear.

65. I hate carrying a purse.

66. I can’t fall asleep unless I’m in my pajamas and in a bed.

67. I love my pajamas. They’re what I always want to wear… until the end of time.

68. When I was nine-years-old, my best friend died of Cystic Fibrosis.

69. It is a pet peeve of mine when people pronounce Shih-Tzu like “Shit-zoo.” It’s pronounced “Sheed-zoo!” Okay!

70. My sister gave me my cat while I was watching the Sydney Olympics. I named him Sydney.

71. I love to water-ski.

72. I was a varsity swimmer and springboard diver in college.

73. I have never fallen asleep watching TV, reading or doing homework.

74. I don’t hate anybody.

75. I have never seen Titanic or any of the Star Wars movies. Seeing these movies now would be an end to a pretty impressive streak.

76. I want to be a registered dietician so I can help others with their gluten-free diets.

77. I used to hate guinea pigs. Now I love guinea pigs, but I am terribly allergic.

78. My favorite foods are french fries, peanut butter and ice cream.

79. I firmly believe that if you want to live in the US, you should learn our language, that being English!

80. When I was younger, I wanted eight children. Now… I’m not even sure I want one.

81. I love just about every animal.

82. I don’t like bats or rats.

83. I’m not afraid of spiders or bees.

84. The only thing I’m afraid of is being afraid. I hate being afraid.

85. I carry a water bottle with me wherever I go.

86. I saved my sister from drowning when she was two-years-old.

87. When I was 12, I only weighed 63 pounds.

88. When I was 13, I cracked my sternum.

89. This one time…I kicked my sister and broke all my toes.

90. I love to cook.

91. Before I go on vacation, my house has to be immaculately spotless.

92. I love the smell of skunks.

93. I worked for the Disneyland Resort, and I could go any time I liked… which I loved and fully took advantage of.

94. I collect pins and buttons.

95. I love dolls… so I collect them. My husband thinks they look like dead babies.

96. The beach is my favorite place in the world.

97. I’m an optimist, and pessimistic people bother me.

98. I had to wear uniforms in junior high, and I loved it.

99. I like to have at least one clock in each room of my house.

100. I really enjoy life!

*emmett* ~ who really enjoyed making this list. :)

No comments: