Thursday, March 20, 2014

The Beginning! Well... the *New* Beginning.


I miss blogging. A lot.

So... I'm going to start blogging again. 
This blog turned into an "only photos of my kids" blog, 
and even though I love my kids and love showing them off (hee hee ;-) ), 
I miss blogging for *me*... and gosh darn it, 
I don't have anything that is for *me* anymore, so here goes... 

My blogging hiatus is over! :D

I'll be posting organization tips/photos. 
And some tasty (and easy!) recipes.
DIY projects.
Decorating endeavors.
Hopefully, some scrapbooking. ;-)
Some kids stuff.
Favorite products.
A review here and there.
Favorite things, clothes, can't-live-without-products, etc.
And maybe some... dare I say it... fashion. *gasp*
(Let's face it... jeans, a tee, and TOMS shoes is "fashion" to me. ;-) )

First off, my pantry!

It's no surprise I love The Container Store.
I love containers. I love organizing.
And well, I worked there for two years. LOL. ;-)
Truth be told, I had never stepped foot in a Container Store
until the day of my interview.
True story.
I had *seen* one.
I had looked in the windows,
but I never really had time to go. *sigh*
(I regret that now. :-/ )

Anyway, I adore their products, but especially elfa.
We now have elfa in SIX rooms in our house.
(Okay, seven if you want to count 
the cabinet-sized drawer unit in our master bath's linen closet. ;-) )

Our pantry was the 7th space, and boy, was I excited!

I forgot to take a "before" shot, but here is the "during" shot (taken with my crappy phone camera)! LOL. ;-) 

Here's the completed, full-pantry shot that I posted on Instagram. :-)


We already had the Door & Wall rack, but I did rearrange that just a bit, 
since our new shelves created a more efficient space.



And here's the top half of the pantry:

Product list:

Stackable handled basket (discontinued, but looks like this item replaced it).
(That basket holds lunch bags and extra water bottles.)
Handled baskets.
Snack container (similar one here or here).

Bottom half:

Same handled basket above. Holds recycling.
Pet food container.
Small crunch can (holds dirty linens, hand towels, bibs, etc).
Behind the crunch can, I have the food processor and coffee maker 
(two things i really don't use anymore...
coffee maker is for guests and food processor doesn't get much love, now that i have a VitaMix).

I'm glad it's done,
and I love the way it turned out. :-)

I'll be posting a "kitchen cabinet tour" tomorrow! :-)

3 comments:

Jody said...

Glad to see you blogging again friend :)
It's very quiet in scrap cyber space of late
Miss you <3

Paige Taylor Evans said...

I am soooooooo glad you're back! I love you and your blog and I think you have so much to bring to the artistic world :)

justem said...

Glad to see you blogging again! Love organization tips!! My new house has so much less storage than the old one, so I'll be looking for some great tips! :)