Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Six Weeks.

Anywho, just made my Jell-O. Man, that is like the best fifty cents spent, in my opinion!

I'm six weeks today!

  1. So... I'm tired. Really tired. I want to sleep all day, every day. This JUST started on Saturday. LOL. Going to the kitchen... is taxing. LOL.
  2. I didn't start having nausea until yesterday. But I did a lot of research on ways to curb throwing up, and so far... it's working. Tea (ginger, raspberry leaf, nettles), cheddar cheese, milk and Rice/Corn Chex. Seriously, i was ABOUT to get sick yesterday... I was just sitting on the bathroom floor, taking deep breaths and waiting, hoping not to get sick, eating this stuff, and it worked! For now...
  3. I have this INSATIABLE hunger! It is CRAZY! I think I've gained like 6 pounds, which actually, my midwife says, is awesome... LOL. I'm also drinking a gallon (NOT exaggerating) of water/milk per day.
  4. I have 2-3 cravings every day, but they usually change. They have been: steak, spinach, chicken, sharp cheddar cheese (but NOT mild... ew, makes me sick to think about it... LOL), cantaloupe, grapefruit, apples, more steak, more chicken, nachos (chips made from scratch), and milk. I crave milk EVERY day. Which is very strange for me. LOL. I like it.
  5. Aversions to sweets or any kind of dessert. Thinking about dessert or anything containing sugar makes me feel like being sick. Apparently, that means I'm getting enough protein, so woohoo!
  6. Met with the midwife last night, and she's gonna run a bunch of blood work in two weeks. I'm not having my first u/s until I'm 3-4 months (we decided on this number together)... hopefully, if we wait this long, we can find out how many babies, since my sister didn't find out till FIVE months that she was having TWINS! And she'll run blood work, check all my levels, etc. once a month. I'll probably only do two u/s if everything is on track and healthy.
  7. We don't want to find out the sex of the baby. We want a surprise.
  8. I don't think I'll be sharing names, but I can share names I like, but he *doesn't* want to use! LOL. So we won't be using the names: Schuyler (original pron. of Skyler), Bridget, Lila, Grace, and Evangeline. That's all I can think of now. LOL.


*Sorry this post was so long. I'm just excited, and it's SO hard not being able to talk to my parents and all my IRL friends yet! LOL.


1 comment:

justem said...

Very exciting! :) The first trimester is so crazy...I know all those feelings...sleepy, hungry...wanting the milk! ;)