Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Awarding.


The Academy Awards.

Hearing the mere words causes my heart to skip a beat. Seriously, I think it's the only thing on television that I simply can NOT miss. I never watch any other award shows. I don't like them. I don't even watch that much television (American Idol [though this is my first year], Ellen DeGeneres... and the occasional House).

It used to be my goal to see as many nominated movies as I could... so I'd be able to enjoy the show more, as well as have an opinion for most categories. And this year... I only saw a few of them. Juno and Ratatouille (which, in my opinion were two of the best movies of the year) included!

I love the montages, the jokes, the mention of Jack Nicholson (always!), the political controversy (always leaning toward the democratic party), and of course, the attire. (Was it just me... or was red the most popular color this year?) And I paid close attention so that I could report my favorites:

Favorite dress: Miley Cyrus (OK, I'm a HUGE Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana fan, but really... that aside... I really did think her dress was the most beautiful. :) )

Favorite necklace: Jennifer Garner

Favorite earrings: Cameron Diaz (yes, please!)

Worst dress: Rebecca Miller (wife of Daniel Day Lewis... seriously, what was she thinking?! Those rhinestone flowers? Ho.ly.Cow.)

"Should have checked with each other" Award: Katherine Heigl and Anne Hathaway (Sure, Anne has ruffles on hers, but really... that shoulder thing? It's not like it's a popular trend. It's just CRAZY to me how similar the two dresses are!)

Most deserving of an Oscar: Diablo Cody (Juno is seriously the most well-written film I've ever seen. If it was possible to get two Oscars for one category... you know, for going above and beyond... I believe she could have gotten them. Her first screenplay [written in her mid-twenties, no less], gets on Oscar?! She rocks my world.)

"Truly shocked to the core of her being" Award: Tilda Swinton and Marion Cotillard (There's nothing more impressive to me than an actress who is truly humble, thankful and appreciative. I have so much respect for these two actresses.)

There were some great jokes too. And though I was really worried that they were written in 12 days (due to the writer's strike) when they're usually written in several weeks, I was quite impressed and laughed out loud quite a bit.

All in all, a great Oscar show. Can't wait till next year! :D

No comments: