Thursday, October 9, 2003

Southern California Problems.

I went to the gas station yesterday to pick up a newspaper, but by then (2:30 pm), they were all gone! I just needed a newspaper for my puppies to pee on. I totally forgot that Arnold was plastered on the front of every one because he's the new governor of our state. Damn! Just because of the stupid election, my puppies have nothing to pee on! (except of course, my carpet)

Also, at the gas station, there was this teenage girl in there getting two ICEEs. She was filling up her cups, also holding the dollar bills in her hand. Then... (God forbid) a drop of ICEE fell on one of the dollar bills. "Shoot!" she yells and gets a sad look on her face. She turns to the clerk and asks, "Oh no! I just dropped a little on this dollar, will you still accept it?"

The clerk (who didn't speak English... because, well, let's face it, this is Southern California; most clerks don't) looked at me and said, "Huh?!" The frantic teenage girl repeated herself. The clerk again looked at me and said, "I not understand."

The frantic girl tried one more time, "Does this dollar not work anymore?"

I looked up at her... "Of course it does!" The clerk looked back at me, "Huh?!" she said. "Never mind." I replied.

Now... this scared me. This girl actually thought that if you spill a little DROP of ICEE on a dollar bill, you can't use it?! Poor thing. I hope she didn't spill any on her Abercrombie and Fitch shirt and her Gucci purse! Damn teen-aged Californians.

*emmett* ~ who is just a little miffed this week because of personal issues... please do not take offense. :)

No comments: