Thursday, April 10, 2003

The Legless Guy.

Today there was this guy skateboarding on one of the sidewalks in our apartment complex. Now generally, I wouldn't think this is eventful enough to write in my diary... however... this was no ordinary guy.

He didn't have legs! That's right! He was skateboarding down the sidewalk with his arms! He was sitting down on the skateboard, while using his arms to push him along. It was sweet-ass! I admire him. I've lived here for almost 4 months now, and I'd never seen him before. I suppose I should sit out on my deck more often. (Hey, maybe I'll have more to write about.)

You know... this really makes me think all the things we take for granted. I broke both of my legs (at the same time) when I was younger so I know what it's like not being able to use your legs. So thank you, Legless-Guy, for reminding me how blessed I am to have my legs... and that I'm able to use them.

*emmett* ~ who always thought she had larger-than-average ankles, but is now glad that she even *has* ankles. I love my larger-than-average ankles! :)

No comments: