Sunday, May 16, 2004

Thirsty? Have Some Hydrogen Peroxide!

Did you know that if you have a sore throat, gargling hydrogen peroxide *really* helps? Granted, this is only if you can get past the taste and feeling of having rotten food in the back of your throat and you don't mind that gag reflex kicking in, but if you can get past those, you're on your way to a healthy throat! Not to mention, at least you know your gag reflex *works*!.

But... a little advice for you: Water it down just a tad and put a *small* amount in your mouth at a time. And *if* you just *happen* to swallow a big gulp of it... let me save you a call to poison control...

"It may make you throw up, but this is okay. Drink lots of fluids, and try to relax. It may burn for a few hours, but just remember... *some* doctors are prescribing swallowing hydrogen peroxide for emphysema patients these days so it may actually *help* you even though it feels like it's burning a hole right through your esophagus."

At least this is what poison control told my husband last night when he called after I took a huge gulp of hydrogen peroxide... stupid. Stupid. STUPID! And might a I add... it was an... A-C-C-I-D-E-N-T! Really! Who would drink that crap *willingly*? Not I. Definitely not I.

*emmett* ~ whose mouth now tastes like hydrogen peroxide every time she coughs. eww. Eww. EWW!

No comments: