Wednesday, March 17, 2004

Naming the New Planetoid.

Well... first off, Happy St. Patty's Day! Kiss me... I'm Irish!

This dude, who works for the water company, had a green shirt on today so, naturally, I was drawn to it. LOL. I just wanted to see what it said. And it said.... "Kiss my ass... I'm Irish." LOL. I thought it was awesome.

And... Did you know that they discovered a new planetoid (apparently it does not 'meet the definition of a planet')? I think it's pretty cool, but it's interesting that we never knew before. I mean, we've been in space for a long time, and you'd think *somebody* would see a large ball 1,100 miles in diameter. But then again, it *is* 8 BILLION miles from earth. :) So anyway, they've decided to name the planet Myurethra to go along with Uranus. Tee hee... get it? Uranus? Myurethra? hahahahaha... okay, just kidding. They named the planet Sedna, after the Inuit goddess who created sea creatures of the arctic. Interesting... at least they didn't name it Caitlin/Katelyn/Caytlin et al. I mean, nice name and all, but with about 40,000 of them being born per year in the U.S.(more than any other name), we have a lot already (no offense to any Caitlins out there). So... that's it for today. Carry on.

*emmett* ~ who will wear green all week in honor of her Irish heritage. :)

No comments: