Wednesday, February 18, 2004

The Travelers and The Muppets.

Well, since I'm no longer busy, I thought I'd write an entry. And why am I no longer busy, you ask? Because the economy is rather poopy right now. Plus, I'm far too sickly these days to have a job... which is just not fair to employers. That said, I have a cool story.

My mom called me on Sunday to say that a pregnant woman, her husband and their teen-aged daughter came into church announcing that their car had broken down, they didn't have any money, and the nice policeman had put them up at a hotel in town. "But it didn't have heat! And we're in Colorado, and we froze!" And my mom piped up saying, "Oh! You poor things! We have a bed & breakfast! Come stay at our inn!" And the pastor said, "And we'll give you some money! Not much because we don't have much ourselves, but nonetheless, we'll give you some!"

So... the dude walks to the B&B, while the prego-wife and daughter are driven to their hotel to pack the things. My mom goes to check on them, and the prego-wife tells my mom she needs her husband's help. So... my mom drives back to the B&B to get the husband.

As they pull up to the hotel, the prego-wife is yelling at the daugther to "Go away! Get out of here! Go back home! You can't stay with us anymore, blah, blah, blah..." So my mom tells the girl to the get in her car. They drive off, leaving the prego-wife and husband.

THEN the girl tells my mom, it's all a scam! They're con-artists who travel from church to church begging for money! They picked up this poor girl in Nevada and conned her too! And the wife isn't even pregnant!

So yeah... my mom put the young girl on a bus back to Nevada, and the police were called.

People are sick! There are some real sickos out there! Grrr... makes me want to lock myself in my house, but I won't because I really like the outdoors. Anyway, an interesting story of con-artists that went to a town of only 750 people... I thought you all would like to hear. I laughed. Tee hee...

In other news, Craig had THIS (link used to be something about Muppets?!) in his diary this morning, and I laughed so hard I cried. Yes, I know I need a life. But listen to it, it's awesome!

*emmett* ~ who is more easily amused when she's sitting in her house all day. :)

p.s. Just in case you didn't notice... I got a new template! Green is my favorite color so I thought I'd get this one. I still have to figure out the whole 'picture' thing. But it's coming, and it's sweet! Carry on.

No comments: